Saturday, December 3, 2011

Laundry thief

This jocular but angry sign went up at the foot of Holden's stairs this week.

It serves as a warning to the rest of us that there is someone going round in the middle of the night stealing laundry off washing lines. According to a resident in Castell, it's not a new thing and has been happening with regularity over the past four years. The theft usually takes place in the wee hours, and the last time we heard about it happening, the thief even emptied someone's recycling bag to carry off their stolen load (leaving rubbish all over the stairs)...

So don't leave your best stuff out to dry overnight!


1 comment:

  1. As an ex crossfields resident I always like to nosey at this blog to catch up on what I'm missing. I had my favourite pj bottoms stolen from my wash line! And my friends/fellow crossfielders in another flat had some of their stuff stolen too! We were all living in Holden.

    Cheeky bugar, whoever it is. Hope they are feeling guilty!

    ReplyDelete